Fact sheet on APA public education fact sheets
The American Psychological Association (APA) Practice Directorate offers materials that members can download or order for distribution to clients and for public education purposes. The latest fact sheet (PDF, 458KB) highlights all of the available resources.
Select fact sheets are available in packets of 50 for free to APA members. To place an order, visit the Psychology Help Center.
"How Psychologists Can Help" fact sheet series
The public often does not realize the breadth of mental and behavioral health issues psychologists are trained to treat. The APA fact sheet series, "How Psychologists Can Help," helps the public understand how psychologists can help patients manage a range of chronic health conditions.
This series covers topics such as:
- Getting a good night’s sleep: How psychologists help with insomnia.
- Getting your weight under control.
- Taking control of your diabetes.
- Managing chronic pain: How psychologists can help with pain management.
Additional fact sheets and resources
APA’s Public Education campaign includes a Mind/Body Health campaign and the psychotherapy awareness initiative.
The Mind/Body Health campaign emphasizes the central role psychologists play at the intersection of psychological and physical health. The psychotherapy awareness initiative educates consumers about the effectiveness of psychotherapy in treating depression, anxiety and other psychological concerns.
- How stress affects your health.
- Harnessing willpower to meet your goals.
- Does your insurance cover mental health services? What you need to know about mental health coverage.
How to order materials
- Visit the Request a Brochure page.
- Have your APA membership number handy.
- Make your selection & complete form.
- Hit submit.
All fact sheets may be reproduced in their entirety without modification.