Call for nominations for the Committee on Professional Practice and Standards (COPPS) and the Advisory Committee on Colleague Assistance (ACCA)
APA’s Board of Professional Affairs (BPA) is pleased to invite nominations for membership on its two committees, the Committee on Professional Practice and Standards (COPPS) and the Advisory Committee on Colleague Assistance (ACCA). In a continuing effort to broaden representation in APA governance, BPA seeks nominations from a wide variety of sources. Self-nominations are welcome.
The Committee on Professional Practice and Standards (COPPS) is a standing committee that reports to APA’s Council of Representatives through BPA. Its mission includes:
- The development, review and evaluation of practice guidelines for providers of psychological services.
- Providing assistance with BPA to other APA bodies developing practice guidelines.
- Monitoring, evaluating and developing information regarding the scientific and professional aspects of psychological services.
There are four appointments available on COPPS (PDF, 219KB) for a three-year term beginning January 2015. Early career candidates and those new to APA governance are particularly encouraged to apply.
The Advisory Committee on Colleague Assistance (ACCA) is an advisory committee to BPA. Its mission includes:
- Recognizing and investigating the unique occupational vulnerabilities of psychologists and their need for colleague assistance to promote effective coping strategies, wellness, prevention and the self-care ethically required by the profession.
- Promoting the development and continuation of state-level colleague assistance programs and peer assistance networks.
- Developing proper, informed relationships between state ethics committees, boards of examiners and colleague assistance programs for the benefit of the profession and the public.
There is one appointment available on ACCA (PDF, 177KB) for a three-year term beginning January 2015.
The deadline to receive nominating materials for both of these groups is Friday, Sept. 19, 2014. For more information on these groups or to receive a copy of this year’s call for nominations, please contact Sheila Kerr.