September 11, 2014 |Vol. 11, No. 15
Key areas addressed include declining reimbursement, telehealth services newly recognized by Medicare and the Physician Quality Reporting System for 2015.
- APAPO presses Anthem about Inovalon audit
APAPO and the California Psychological Association (CPA) have suggested that members hold off on responding to the audit requests until we have more information.
- Practitioner Pointer: Finding the right EHR for your solo or small group practice
Here’s some general guidance on getting started.
- US Preventive Services Task Force recommends behavioral counseling to prevent cardiovascular disease
Psychologists are specifically recognized as referral sources for the first time.
Calls for Nominations
- Psychologists sought for two positions on APA Clinical Practice Guideline steering committee
Deadline for nominations is Nov. 7, 2014.
- Call for nominations for the Committee on Professional Practice and Standards (COPPS) and the Advisory Committee on Colleague Assistance (ACCA)
The deadline for nominations for both groups is Sept. 19, 2014.