Create your Psychologist Locator listing today
By Communications staff
If you’re an APA Practice Organization (APAPO) member and you haven’t yet created your free Psychologist Locator listing, you’re missing out.
The Psychologist Locator — a searchable online database of licensed psychologists — is a members-only benefit from APAPO for practitioners who have paid the Practice Assessment or who are Life Status practitioner members of the American Psychological Association.
Every month, 12,000 visitors search listings in the Psychologist Locator, and new upgrades to the system have made it easier for potential clients to find you. The Psychologist Locator is now being promoted from every page of the APA Help Center, increasing the locator’s exposure and visits to the site.
Recent enhancements include:
- Consumers can now search by specialty area throughout the entire U.S., without having to limit the search to a specific geographic area.
- Psychologists can quickly upload pictures and short videos to personalize and promote their listing.
- Each psychologist’s listing is searchable by Google, making it easier for consumers to find your practice.
- Listing can contain multiple offices or locations, which broadens your search results.
- Advanced search functions enable consumers to look for psychologists based on criteria such as languages spoken, specialty areas of practice and cultural sensitivity.
Even if you have listings elsewhere, creating a free listing in the Psychologist Locator will only boost your professional visibility, along with the visibility of the profession.
Creating a listing is simple. A basic profile should take approximately five to 10 minutes to complete.
Watch this tutorial for a step-by-step guide on creating your Psychologist Locator listing today: