Call for nominations for two APA governance groups
By Governance Operations staff
APA’s Board of Professional Affairs (BPA) is pleased to invite nominations for membership on its two reporting groups, the Committee on Professional Practice and Standards (COPPS) and the Advisory Committee on Colleague Assistance (ACCA). Nominations for both are due Friday, Sept. 20, 2013.
In a continuing effort to broaden representation in APA governance, BPA seeks nominations from a wide variety of sources. Self-nominations are welcomed.
ACCA is an advisory committee to APA’s BPA. Its mission includes:
- recognizing and investigating the unique occupational vulnerabilities of psychologists and their need for colleague assistance to promote effective coping strategies, wellness, prevention and the self-care that is ethically required;
- promoting the development and continuation of state-level colleague assistance programs and peer assistance networks and
- developing proper, informed relationships between state ethics committees, boards of examiners and colleague assistance programs for the benefit of the professional and the public.
COPPS is a standing committee that reports to Council of Representatives through BPA. Its mission includes:
- the development, review and evaluation of practice guidelines for providers of psychological services;
- providing assistance with BPA to other APA bodies developing practice guidelines and
- monitoring, evaluating and developing information regarding the scientific and professional aspects of psychological services.
While all applicants will be given consideration, those with strong background in drafting, editorial and research are particularly encouraged to apply. Early career candidates and those new to APA governance are also encouraged to apply.
Questions about the COPPS Call for Nominations should be referred to Mary G. Hardiman and Sheila Kerr. Questions about the ACCA Call for Nominations should be referred to Susan Lazaroff. See the calls for nominations below.