December 16, 2010 |Vol. 7, No. 12
- CMS releases final rule on 2011 Medicare fee schedule
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services rule has disproportionately negative impact on mental health reimbursement
- Mental health parity rule is favorable for psychology
The U.S. Departments of Health and Human Services, Labor and Treasury have released an interim final rule implementing the Paul Wellstone and Pete Domenici Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act.
- The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: New protections and opportunities for practicing psychologists
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) expands coverage for more Americans, protects traditional psychological practice, and opens new opportunities for psychologists in private and public health programs.
- Don’t miss this important December 31 deadline
All Medicare providers must enroll in the Medicare PECOS system by December 31, 2010
- APAPO builds on work to protect psychological testing data
APAPO and psychology leaders support the psychological testing data study mandated in the HITECH Act of 2009
- House bill would include psychologists in Medicare “physician” definition
A newly introduced House bill is the first step toward ensuring that licensed psychologists are able to provide Medicare mental health services free of unnecessary and outdated physician supervision requirements
- New locator helps the public find psychologists
Our new Psychologist Locator, a free service for practitioners who have paid the 2010 Practice Assessment, goes live on May 1