Practitioners will have to comply with this rule if they are considered "creditors" because they bill patients later or regularly allow their patients to defer payment for services.
New APA guidelines clearly distinguish between forensic evaluations and the support psychologists provide to children and families in the normal course of psychotherapy and counseling
The APA Help Center now offers a tip sheet on staying resilient in a stressful economy
From the Field
- Hundreds of psychology leaders call on Congress
Psychology advocates called on Congress to extend restoration of Medicare outpatient mental health reimbursement cut, add psychologists to the Medicare "physician" definition and pass health reform that integrates psychological services.
- Psychology focuses on health care reform
The APA Practice Organization is urging policymakers to fully integrate psychological services into any health care reform plan
- "Model Act for State Licensure of Psychologists": Public comments now being accepted
The draft revision now available for public comment incorporates comprehensive changes
- APA and American Red Cross reaffirm historic partnership
A recent agreement commits APA to maintaining its Disaster Response Network to offer emotional support and crisis assistance to disaster survivors and Red Cross workers
- APA announces 2009 Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award winners
Five awardees are recognized for implementing comprehensive programs and policies that lead to positive outcomes for both employee and employer
- More than 500 practitioners become APAPO Annual Fund partners in 2008
The Practice Organization thanks the members who have made generous contributions to support APAPO's extensive legal, legislative and marketplace activities