September 30, 2008 |Vol. 5, No. 9
In the Spotlight
The Senate and House each passed parity legislation on September 23, but further congressional action is needed to achieve a law by the end of the legislative session
- Pointers for psychologists on client record retention
Do you know what your state law requires regarding client record retention? Are you aware of APA's Record Keeping Guidelines?
- Do you need to notify Medicare of a change in your practice?
Practitioners enrolled in the Medicare program have 90 days to report changes such as a new practice location, business structure or legal business name
From the Field
- Psychology girds for battle over proposed hospital regulations
If a set of proposed regulations are finalized, California could become the first state to prohibit hospitals from requiring physician supervision for services within the scope of psychologists' licensure
- Media call on psychologists as financial crisis deepens
APA members have addressed the effects of stress and how to cope in recent media coverage
- Volunteer network activates in wake of recent disasters
Psychologists in APA's Disaster Response Network use their specialized training to offer pro bono support where it is needed most