Fact sheets for patients, clients and consumers
The American Psychological Association (APA) and the APA Practice Directorate offer fact sheets on a variety of topics which can be downloaded by members for distribution to clients and for public education purposes.
The fact sheets include a downloadable version for printing and distribution through psychologists’ offices or public education activities. Select fact sheets are available in packets of 50 for free to APA members. To order packets, visit the Psychology Help Center.
How Psychologists Can Help Fact Sheet Series
The public does not often realize the breadth of behavioral health issues psychologists are trained to treat. A new APA fact sheet series, How Psychologists Can Help, provides insight into how psychologists can help patients manage a range of chronic health conditions.
- Maintaining a heart-healthy lifestyle
- Getting a good night's sleep
- Getting your weight under control
- Taking control of your diabetes
- Managing chronic pain
Additional fact sheets
- FYI: Building Your Resilience
- Understanding Anxiety Disorders and Effective Treatment
- How Psychotherapy Helps People Recover from Depression
- Eating Disorders: Psychotherapy's Role in Effective Treatment (PDF, 484KB)
- Mental Health Insurance Under the Federal Parity Law
These publications may be reproduced in their entirety without modification.