The resources in this section are designed to help you connect with potential clients and referral sources who could benefit from your services and apply effective and ethical marketing strategies to drive business to your door.
- Have You Considered Advertising Your Services?
- Elements of an Advertising Plan
- Build Your Client Base with a Practice Brochure
- Building an independent practice
Practitioners Tout the Many Rewards of Community Involvement
In today's competitive health care marketplace, making community connections is a vital activity for practitioners. While the primary benefit of local volunteer work is the chance to give back to the community, there are additional benefits, including the opportunity to learn about unmet needs and market trends in their community, diversify their practices and increase their referrals.
Using Customer Service to Enhance Your Practice
Small hassles can pose barriers for patients who seek your professional services. By providing good customer service, you are free to focus on delivering high-quality psychological services.
- Do’s and Don’ts in Marketing Your Practice
What’s in a Name? Learn How Trademarks Can Protect Your Practice
This article provides a basic overview of trademarks and how you can establish and protect your legal right to use the tools that identify your services in the marketplace.
Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs): An Opportunity to Diversify Your Practice
This article provides a brief introduction to Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs), describes some of the opportunities that exist for integrating EAP work into your practice, and offers suggestions for identifying and connecting with high-quality EAPs in your community.
- A Foundation upon Which to Build Your Practice
- Should you give that talk for free?
- Marketing & Building a Practice
- Develop a Professional Image that Reflects Your Strengths
- Professionally Speaking: Tapping into the Lecture Circuit
- 10 Low-cost Ways to Market Your Practice
- 10 Common Misconceptions about Marketing a Practice
More Low-cost Ways to Market Your Practice
This article, combined with our original "10 Low-Cost Ways to Market Your Practice" provides a variety of tips to help your practice thrive in an increasingly competitive marketplace.
- Networking: Are You Connected?
- Have You Found a Niche?
Increasing Referrals from Other Professionals: A Step-by-step Guide
A network of strong referral sources can be instrumental in sustaining or helping to grow a practice. This article summarizes important steps you can take to improve your effectiveness in developing and maintaining referrals from other professionals.
- Effective Marketing: Are You Tracking Your Results?
- Tools for Identifying and Understanding Your Target Clientele
- Tools for Tracking Your Client Sources