A solid understanding of your finances can help you track the performance of your practice and implement strategies for a sound financial future. The resources in this section will help you begin the process.
- Making the Most of Your Accountant
- Strengthen Your Practice Finances with this Basic Analysis
Financial Statements 101:
How to Read and Use your Balance Sheet
Billing for Your Services: Common Q and A’s
This article addresses several matters that practitioners commonly raise with the APA Practice Organization about how to bill for a health and behavior assessment or when you may charge an out-of-network rate.
- Give Your Practice a Financial Check-up
- Planning for a Secure Financial Future: It’s Never Too Early to Start
- Glossary of Financial Terms
Getting to the Bottom Line:
How to Read and Use Your Income Statement
- Have You Considered Online Banking for Your Practice?
Speaking of Money...
In recent years, the emerging fields of behavioral finance and financial psychology have emphasized that thoughts, feelings, and values affect the way people handle money and make financial decisions.
Taking Charge of Your Practice
Tips for deciding whether to accept credit card payments from clients.
End-of-the-year Tax Preparations and Financial Planning
Simple steps can improve your finances and lower your tax bill. This article presents some basic ways to maximize tax deductions and shore up your finances for the coming year.
Five Tips to Get Ready for Tax Day
If you're scrambling to have your tax return completed by April 15, these tips may be helpful.
- Eight Tips for Trimming Your Practice Expenses
A Matter of Law:
Prompt Pay Laws
Using a Sliding Fee Scale: Some Do's and Don'ts
In working with clients who are unable to afford the services they need, psychologists sometimes consider reducing their fee on a "sliding scale" basis. Doing so may carry significant legal risk if not instituted correctly.
- Evaluating Your Insurance Claims Procedures
- Insurance Claims 101: Avoiding Common Payment Pitfalls
- Six Tips for Handling Insurance Claim Denials