Insurance & Managed Care
The Practice Organization’s Office of Legal and Regulatory Affairs (LRA) assists members with health insurance and managed care issues. Our staff experts work collaboratively with insurers, when possible, to smooth out troublesome billing, audit and claims practices. The Practice Organization also collaborates with state psychological associations to pursue government agency complaints and lawsuits that challenge abusive practices by health insurance and managed care companies.
Our legal and regulatory team provides consultation and resources to Practice Organization members on responding to audits and other practice-related legal and regulatory issues. Our staff experts field approximately 1,000 calls with practitioners annually. Practice Organization members receive the highest priority and the most time. To schedule a consultation, contact the Legal and Regulatory Affairs Office.
Legal Actions Against Abusive Practices
- APA Practice Organization obtains clarification from Anthem on EquiClaim letters
- Update on risk adjustment audits
- APA Practice Organization stops problematic psych testing audits
- APA Practice Organization presses Anthem about HIPAA concerns with Inovalon audit
- Psychology mounts further parity challenges to rate cuts
- Victory for New Jersey Psychological Association in privacy law case
- Texas judge upholds doctoral standard for independent psychology practice
- APA teams with Massachusetts psychology organizations to advocate for neuropsychological services
- California is Latest State to Join Nationwide Class Action Litigation
- APA Practice Organization Becomes Involved in Class Action Litigation