Legislative & Legal Advocacy
The complex and fast-changing health care delivery system requires your engagement in legislative, legal and regulatory developments. With the support of grassroots psychologists, the APA Practice Organization (APAPO) advocates for the professional interests of practitioners in all settings. Learn about important advocacy efforts, including the successful fight for mental health parity, and support professional psychology's federal legislative initiatives by using the Legislative Action Center.
2015 Legislative Priorities
- APAPO’s legislative road map for 2015
- APAPO legislative advocacy priorities for 2014
- Congress should halt Medicare's plummeting psychologist payments
- Make psychologists eligible for HITECH Act incentives
- Enact the Medicare Mental Health Access Act to improve patient access to psychologists' services
Have questions or need assistance with HIPAA? Access our HIPAA compliance section.