Learn about legislative issues and advocacy efforts important to professional psychology including reimbursement, Medicare, scope of practice, health information technology, mental health parity.
- Joint letter from the APA and the APA Practice Organization (PDF, 92KB) to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer, Senate Finance Committee Chair Orrin Hatch and Senate Finance Committee Ranking Member Ron Wyden expressing strong opposition to repealing the individual health insurance coverage mandate as part of tax reform legislation.
- A joint letter from the Mental Health Liaison Group (MHLG) sent Sept. 19, 2017 (PDF, 307KB) to Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell and Senate minority leader Charles Schumer concerning the Graham-Cassidy-Heller-Johnson health care proposal.
- A letter from the APA Practice Organization sent June 13, 2017 (PDF, 95KB), to Vice Admiral Raquel C. Bono, director of the Defense Health Agency, regarding the proposed reimbursement rate cuts by Humana and Health Net Federal Services for TRICARE mental health providers.
- Joint letter from APA and the American Psychiatric Association sent June 6, 2017 (PDF, 32KB), to Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell and minority leader Charles Schumer opposing the American Health Care Act as passed by the House and requesting that Congress effectively address the nation's mental health and substance abuse treatment needs.
- Joint letter from APA and Practice Organization sent May 22, 2017 (PDF, 56KB), to Senate Finance Committee Chair Orrin Hatch and ranking member Ron Wyden opposing the American Health Care Act as passed by the House.
Congress Should Enact the Medicare Mental Health Access Act
Passage of the act would provide better, faster access to psychologists for Medicare recipients who need their services.
Have questions or need assistance with HIPAA? Access our HIPAA compliance section.