Learn about legislative issues and advocacy efforts important to professional psychology including reimbursement, Medicare, scope of practice, health information technology, mental health parity.
- Joint letter from the APA and the APA Practice Organization (PDF, 57KB) to Senate Finance Committee on the bipartisan opioid package.
- Joint letter from the APA and the APA Practice Organization to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer, Speaker of the House Paul Ryan and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi sharing comments and concerns about the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (PDF, 76KB).
- Joint letter from the APA and the APA Practice Organization to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer, Senate Finance Committee Chair Orrin Hatch and Senate Finance Committee Ranking Member Ron Wyden expressing strong opposition to repealing the individual health insurance coverage mandate as part of tax reform legislation (PDF, 92KB).
- Joint letter from the Mental Health Liaison Group (MHLG) sent Sept. 19, 2017 (PDF, 307KB) to Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell and Senate minority leader Charles Schumer concerning the Graham-Cassidy-Heller-Johnson health care proposal.
- A letter from the APA Practice Organization sent June 13, 2017 (PDF, 95KB), to Vice Admiral Raquel C. Bono, director of the Defense Health Agency, regarding the proposed reimbursement rate cuts by Humana and Health Net Federal Services for TRICARE mental health providers.
Congress Should Enact the Medicare Mental Health Access Act
Passage of the act would provide better, faster access to psychologists for Medicare recipients who need their services.
Have questions or need assistance with HIPAA? Access our HIPAA compliance section.