Practice Organization Governance
Practice Organization Board of Directors
The Practice Organization Board of Directors manages the affairs of the APA Practice Organization. The officers of the Practice Organization Board of Directors are the same individuals who hold the respective offices for the American Psychological Association.
The Committee for the Advancement of Professional Practice (CAPP)
CAPP was created by the Practice Organization Board of Directors. According to Practice Organization bylaws (PDF, 33KB), CAPP’s responsibilities are to:
- Identify, plan and implement projects important to the protection, defense and enhancement of professional practice.
- Recommend to the Practice Organization Board of Directors the needed funding for such projects.
Nominate and Elect CAPP Members
Practice Organization members nominate and elect CAPP members to serve as their leaders.
- Nominations are accepted yearly between February and March. A link to a nominations page will be located here at the beginning of February.
- Elections take place between Aug. 1 and Sept. 30. A link to an elections page will be located here at the beginning of August.
2016 CAPP Election Results
The following psychologists elected to CAPP will serve a three-year term that begins on Jan. 1, 2017.
- CAPP Slate 1 - Expanded Practice in Health Care: Diana Prescott, PhD
- CAPP Slate 2 - Development/Management/Administrative Experience in Large Systems: Jorge Wong, PhD
- CAPP Slate 3 - Early Career Practitioner: Lindsey Buckman, PsyD
750 First St. NE
Washington, DC 20002-4241
Phone: (800) 374-2723
Fax: (202) 336-5797
Join the Practice Organization Listserv
This online community for Practice Organization members provides a space to discuss marketplace and advocacy issues affecting practicing psychologists. Unlike APA division listservs which are restricted due to APA's tax status as a charitable organization, psychologists on the Practice Organization listerv can talk about business, pocketbook, managed care, insurance and practice-related legal issues.
This is an opt-in listserv open only to members of the APA Practice Organization. Sign up for the APA Practice Organization listserv.